This section is available as a VIRTUAL NOTICE-BOARD and CLASSIFIED ADS section, for any resident or ratepayer on Thetis Island, or for notices relevant to Thetis Islanders.
Ads will remain up until we are told that the item has been sold. Notices will remain up for a month or two. After that it is recommended that you consider using the Thetis Island Quarterly for longer term ads and notices.|
|Wanted to rent for the nights of July 14 and 15, 2017|
a large van or mini bus
to drive wedding guests home to their B&Bs from Overbury Lodge.
The owner of the lodge has said he will drive guests home but we are to provide the vehicle. We are hoping someone on the Island has such a vehicle for us to use. If you do, please email me as soon as you can or phone me at 604-790-3843. Thank you so much.
|Looking for cottage/house to rent|
We are a recently retired couple in our fifties. We just sold our family home in Winnipeg since our 3 kids moved out and are free to tackle our bucket list. The first item is to attend Bible school together at Capernwray. To make it possible we are looking for a rental home from August 01, 2017 to June 01, 2018. We have been homeowners for the past 35 years therefore we know how to care for a property. We are dependable, non smoking, no pets, very clean and quiet people. Please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone Sylvain 204-333-2397 or Martine 204-228-5900
|Looking for Rental|
Hi there, I am a student at VIU and am looking for a cabin/cottage to rent for the summer months between May 1st - August 31st, 2017 (dates dont need to be exact). I am a friend and roommate of one of the Thetis Island locals and they are also willing to provide a reference for me. If you or anyone you know are looking for tenants, then please send me a message, thank you very much. - Ketan (403.630.7419)
CONSTRUCTION & TOOLS
- FOR SALE: Nilus Leclerc Weavers Loom, Model Fanny I or II. Stands approx. 54" tall, 47" wide and 40" deep. Offers. Will deliver. Proceeds to go to the Thetis Island Community Fund. Please call Pauline at 250-416-0286
- TVs - 17 and 21 inch, working/with remotes. Offers. Call 250-246-3220
- Mitsubishi 21" colour TV, Radio Shack universal satellite dish,
General Instrument tuner for Star Choice (Shaw),
Emerson DVD player with video cassette recorder. All manuals included.
$50 for the lot. Everything is in good working order but we've just
purchased a new flat-screen TV and want to get rid of the old one.
Contact Bev or Dave Greene 250-246-3895 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For pick up on Forbes Road:
1. Big green upholstered recliner chair - old, very comfortable for some, not for others.
2. Love seat - old, solid Swedish frame but needs work.
Phone Colleen at 250 920 5278 or 250 246 2178
- Free Futon in good shape
Call Bill or Jane at 250-246-3752
- Free: Recliner chair - old and recovered. Recliner part needs some work but quite fixable.
Phone 250 246 2178 or email email@example.com
- Free Fir Lumber, all sizes. 246-3098
- Two pieces Tempered Glass, 76 3/8" x 30 1/4".
Phone Don 250-246-3030
- Free for the taking:
A 16 ft Land Commander travel trailer available. It has been nicely cleaned and ready to go. At present, it is not roadworthy but rather would work well as on site accommodation while someone was building or as an extra space as we have done for the last 3 years.
- Free to good home on island if you promise to use:
A collection of cricket gear. Cucumber sandwiches not included.
- For Sale- Wicker headboard and footboard for a single bed. Mattress and box spring included.
All in good condition and perfect for the cottage!
Asking $100.00 Call 250-246-9193
- New, never used, Fridge, Wall Oven and Cooktop- All three, $3,950
1. Frigidaire Professional Drop In Cooktop, 30" W Electric, Depth 24.5", Stainless, 4 burner, FPEC3085KS (Model).
Contact Jamie Hayward at 250-210-2701
2. Frigidaire Professional, 30" W Single Wall Oven, depth 24.5", Height 29", Stainless, FPEW3085KF (Model).
3. Frigidaire Professional Frig, Stainless, All fridge, no freezer, 30" W x 24" D
- for Sale: Propane patio heater, hardly used, c/w bottle and gas
Arthur Gooding at 250-416-0200 or
- For Sale : 10 Wood California Shutters :
5 are 23" x 40" and 5 are 22 1/2" x 46"
Asking $ 50.00
- For Sale - one Wood Leaded glass door measures - 32" x 79"
- For Sale: Small bar fridge in very good condition.
- Jotul Wood Stove - Jotul F118 Black Bear Wood stove for sale. It is 3 years old and used for about 2.5 years. It comes with a lifetime gaurantee. It is CSA and EPA approved. This stove is very energy efficient and heated our 1650 square foot new house. This stove would be good for a home or cabin.
$900.00 or best offer.
Contact Ken and Genny Redman at 250-246-2465 or on our cell at 250-210-3087
LOST and FOUND
Near Thetis ferry terminal May 22.
Pair of Salomon women’s hikers, grey/black.
If found please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GREAT WINTER READING FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO MESS ABOUT WITH BOATS....21 copies of WOODEN BOAT magazine....miscellaneous back-issues, years 1997 - 2007, in excellent condition. $25.00 takes all. 250-246-3350
REAL ESTATE & RENTAL, FOR SALE AND WANTED
- Hello, I will be taking a job for the ferries and looking for a place to rent. If you have anything please contact Christopher Rye at 604-785-1650 or email@example.com
- I'd like to find a house and or land for rent or rent-to-own on Thetis island. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks.
Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For rent: Seaside home (1,050 square feet) on Thetis, quiet 3-acre location, beautiful views. Two bedrooms, woodstove, electric baseboard heat, all appliances. Non-smoker(s). 250-246-3530.
VEHICLES, BOATS & ACCESSORIES
- 16 ft California redwood strip canoe. Fresh back from the chandler, ready for water. $2500
15 hp Honda o/b motor, 4 stroke, long leg, electric start. $1750
- For Sale: 10ft Misty River Aluminum boat. $600.00 OBO
Call Bill@ 604-240-1798
- We have our 2002 Ford F-350 7.3 diesel 4x4 crew cab for sale along with our older 10ft Vanguard Camper. Both are in terrific shape. Only selling as we've bought a smaller truck.
Asking $8000 for the truck and $2000 for the camper. Make us an offer for both.
Alisha and Chris Rennie
250-710-0255 or 250-701-2927
- Two Tires, One Wheel - For Sale
Barely used low profile tires and wheel for sale. Stored inside building.
195/50R15 82V Toyo Proxes R24 Steel Belted Radial
Treadware:180 Temperature:A Traction:A
Max Load 475 kg / 1047 llbs
$100 takes all.
250-246-4079 or email@example.com
- 4 snow tires with rims, 195/60r15
call 250 732 9025
- An elderly Evinrude 7.5 hp. outboard motor needs a new home. Recently tuned up. $350.
Call Celine at 246-4349
- For Sale: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
It has 155,000 km, is in good shape, good tires and we'd like $900...OBO.
We can be contacted at 250-324-3285 or 250-701-1317.
Laural and Roy (Holloway)
- FOR SALE: 2008 MAXUM BOW RIDER, FAMILY FUN BOAT.
135 HP MERCRUISER, LESS THAN 100 HOURS RUNNING TIME.
NEW TOP AND BACK CURTAIN.
COMES WITH TRAILER.
- 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
177,000 kms, one owner, predominantly highway driving
New engine block, done under warrantee at 143,000 kms.
New brakes on all 4 wheels (Sep 2013)
4 WD Automatic, EXcellent in the snow
Good, clean, well maintained condition
Keith Rush: 250-416-0013; firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR SALE: KAYAK
14 foot Necky Looksha Sport
Sleek lines, roomy cockpit,watertight hatch. Yellow polymer.
Excellent tracking and glide with adjustable rudder. includes adjustable paddle, spray skirt and paddle float.
Located on Thetis
Call Alex 250-588-9458
- Project boat - 20.5 ft Rienell CB Cruiser.
Stringers, transom & fuel tank have been replaced.
Mercruiser 302 V8 & 888 sterndrive ok.
- Trailer hitch: Bolts to frame of Pontiac Vibe.
- 1988 Ford F150 XLT Lariat L6 4.9L
$1250 or best offer
Contact: David (604) 314-3012
Thetis address: 277 N Cove Rd
Current truck location: Vancouver BC
Present owner since 2002, records/receipts since then available
2009: heater core, transmission, shocks, window washer, block heater, 2 tires
2007: fuel pump
2003: 2 tires
2002: air care (exhaust parts, catalytic converter), starter, brake parts
(now) 241759, (2009) 229774, (2006) 226787 (2002) 222502
(average: 1751K/year since 2002)
5K per liter on highway
significant oil leak from a place that would take work to get at,
driver's side electric window not working.
Has power, handles well.
- 2003 Sunfire in great condition (click here for more information)
TRADE OR SWAP
- I am looking for a ships wheel to be used on a pirate ship in a preschool playground. (2 would be even better). If someone wants to upgrade the wheel they 're using, I have one to trade. As I started to clean it up, I felt it was too good for a playground - waste for such fine quality. Can anyone help? Thanks. Contact email@example.com