This section is available as a VIRTUAL NOTICE-BOARD and CLASSIFIED ADS section, for any resident or ratepayer on Thetis Island, or for notices relevant to Thetis Islanders.
Ads will remain up until we are told that the item has been sold. Notices will remain up for a month or two. After that it is recommended that you consider using the Thetis Island Quarterly for longer term ads and notices.|
Looking for a person who could take on gardening duties (mowing grass, watering,
planting) as well as assist with cleaning, doing laundry etc. in a cabin rented out
on a short term basis.
If interested, please call Lenka at (250) 246 - 9124 to discuss.
We are soon-to-be new full time residents of Thetis Island. We are also boaters and have arranged winter moorage at the Telegraph harbour marina, but that is not available until October.
We will be moving over to Hollyberry in mid-May and would like to try and find temporary dockspace or perhaps a vacant mooring buoy that we might rent for the month of June at least as we get moved in and organized.
The boat is a 35 foot sailboat that has 6 foot draft, it weighs 12,000 pounds.
Typically we are out cruising most of the summer, but this year with the late move we will not be heading out for so long.
Our contact information:
Ron: 778 839 6728
Eleanor: 778 235 6728
Ron and Eleanor Vandergaag
Soon to be at 101 Hollyberry Lane.
|Looking for cottage/house to rent|
We are a recently retired couple in our fifties. We just sold our family home in Winnipeg since our 3 kids moved out and are free to tackle our bucket list. The first item is to attend Bible school together at Capernwray. To make it possible we are looking for a rental home from August 01, 2017 to June 01, 2018. We have been homeowners for the past 35 years therefore we know how to care for a property. We are dependable, non smoking, no pets, very clean and quiet people. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Sylvain 204-333-2397 or Martine 204-228-5900
CONSTRUCTION & TOOLS
- FOR SALE: Nilus Leclerc Weavers Loom, Model Fanny I or II. Stands approx. 54" tall, 47" wide and 40" deep. Offers. Will deliver. Proceeds to go to the Thetis Island Community Fund. Please call Pauline at 250-416-0286
- TVs - 17 and 21 inch, working/with remotes. Offers. Call 250-246-3220
- Free single pane windows suitable for greenhouses.
Contact Kim at 250-436-1548 or email@example.com
- Free... Apartment sized freezer. Works good, but we have two.
Contact Kim at 250-436-1548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Household items...FREE... 195 Pilkey Pt Rd
Please call ahead 250-715-7132 or
Double bed and frame
Single roll-away cot
Sm Rocker chair
4 kitchen chairs
Living room chair with wooden arms
Sm book shelf
Old sofa bed
Asst bits and bobs
- Free Fir Lumber, all sizes. 246-3098
- Two pieces Tempered Glass, 76 3/8" x 30 1/4".
Phone Don 250-246-3030
- Free for the taking:
A 16 ft Land Commander travel trailer available. It has been nicely cleaned and ready to go. At present, it is not roadworthy but rather would work well as on site accommodation while someone was building or as an extra space as we have done for the last 3 years.
- Free to good home on island if you promise to use:
A collection of cricket gear. Cucumber sandwiches not included.
- For Sale- Wicker headboard and footboard for a single bed. Mattress and box spring included.
All in good condition and perfect for the cottage!
Asking $100.00 Call 250-246-9193
- For Sale:
Waterford Enameled Cast Iron Stove, CSA approved
30" wide x 30" high x 18 deep, 22" deep with ash shelf.
Reason for sale - Changing regulations only allow 1 stove per flue.
Arthur Gooding, 250-416-0200 Thetis Island
- For Sale : 10 Wood California Shutters :
5 are 23" x 40" and 5 are 22 1/2" x 46"
Asking $ 50.00
- For Sale - one Wood Leaded glass door measures - 32" x 79"
- For Sale: Small bar fridge in very good condition.
LOST and FOUND
- GREAT WINTER READING FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO MESS ABOUT WITH BOATS....21 copies of WOODEN BOAT magazine....miscellaneous back-issues, years 1997 - 2007, in excellent condition. $25.00 takes all. 250-246-3350
REAL ESTATE & RENTAL, FOR SALE AND WANTED
- Hello, I will be taking a job for the ferries and looking for a place to rent. If you have anything please contact Christopher Rye at 604-785-1650 or email@example.com
- I'd like to find a house and or land for rent or rent-to-own on Thetis island. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks.
Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For rent: Seaside home (1,050 square feet) on Thetis, quiet 3-acre location, beautiful views. Two bedrooms, woodstove, electric baseboard heat, all appliances. Non-smoker(s). 250-246-3530.
VEHICLES, BOATS & ACCESSORIES
- 1971 Honda Vintage Scooter in overall great shape. Some cosmetic stuff though; split in the fender and plastic motor cover, and missing brake light cover. Some surface rust but everything works great except the blinkers. Asking $700 because it needs to be registered.
Please call or text Eric 250-921-4751
- Bur-Cam Deep Well Pump - NEW, in original box, never opened.
Reason for sale - moved, present well is too deep for this pump.
230V, 140 feet head, submersible
Call 250-416-0200, Arthur Gooding
- For Sale: ‘Old-school’ Laser Sailboat $550
Built in 1980’s, originally sailed at the Jericho Yacht Club in Vancouver.
Boat hull in good and sturdy condition. Great starter boat to learn to sail with your family.
Sail and mast in excellent condition- new sail purchased a few years ago and barely used.
Parts to be fixed/replaced:
- Boom will need to be repaired where the boom connects to the mast,
- small repair required on rudder, and
- some lines are missing to properly rig the boat.
· Please call Kelsey Baker if you have questions or would like to see it: 778-558-1457
- Two outboard motors for sale on Thetis. $1,000 each
15 HP Honda 4 stroke, short shaft, electric start, tiller handle. Runs excellent.
20 HP Evenrude 2 Stroke, long shaft, remote not tiller, electric start. Runs great.
Email Pierre @ email@example.com
or call 250-246-5357
- 16 ft California redwood strip canoe. Fresh back from the chandler, ready for water. $2500
15 hp Honda o/b motor, 4 stroke, long leg, electric start. $1750
- We have our 2002 Ford F-350 7.3 diesel 4x4 crew cab for sale along with our older 10ft Vanguard Camper. Both are in terrific shape. Only selling as we've bought a smaller truck.
Asking $8000 for the truck and $2000 for the camper. Make us an offer for both.
Alisha and Chris Rennie
250-710-0255 or 250-701-2927
- Two Tires, One Wheel - For Sale
Barely used low profile tires and wheel for sale. Stored inside building.
195/50R15 82V Toyo Proxes R24 Steel Belted Radial
Treadware:180 Temperature:A Traction:A
Max Load 475 kg / 1047 llbs
$100 takes all.
250-246-4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 snow tires with rims, 195/60r15
call 250 732 9025
- An elderly Evinrude 7.5 hp. outboard motor needs a new home. Recently tuned up. $350.
Call Celine at 246-4349
- For Sale: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
It has 155,000 km, is in good shape, good tires and we'd like $900...OBO.
We can be contacted at 250-324-3285 or 250-701-1317.
Laural and Roy (Holloway)
- FOR SALE: 2008 MAXUM BOW RIDER, FAMILY FUN BOAT.
135 HP MERCRUISER, LESS THAN 100 HOURS RUNNING TIME.
NEW TOP AND BACK CURTAIN.
COMES WITH TRAILER.
- 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
177,000 kms, one owner, predominantly highway driving
New engine block, done under warranty at 143,000 kms.
New brakes on all 4 wheels (Sep 2013)
4 WD Automatic, EXcellent in the snow
Good, clean, well maintained condition
Keith Rush: 250-416-0013; email@example.com
- FOR SALE: KAYAK
14 foot Necky Looksha Sport
Sleek lines, roomy cockpit,watertight hatch. Yellow polymer.
Excellent tracking and glide with adjustable rudder. includes adjustable paddle, spray skirt and paddle float.
Located on Thetis
Call Alex 250-588-9458
- Project boat - 20.5 ft Rienell CB Cruiser.
Stringers, transom & fuel tank have been replaced.
Mercruiser 302 V8 & 888 sterndrive ok.
- Trailer hitch: Bolts to frame of Pontiac Vibe.
- 1988 Ford F150 XLT Lariat L6 4.9L
$1250 or best offer
Contact: David (604) 314-3012
Thetis address: 277 N Cove Rd
Current truck location: Vancouver BC
Present owner since 2002, records/receipts since then available
2009: heater core, transmission, shocks, window washer, block heater, 2 tires
2007: fuel pump
2003: 2 tires
2002: air care (exhaust parts, catalytic converter), starter, brake parts
(now) 241759, (2009) 229774, (2006) 226787 (2002) 222502
(average: 1751K/year since 2002)
5K per liter on highway
significant oil leak from a place that would take work to get at,
driver's side electric window not working.
Has power, handles well.
TRADE OR SWAP
- I am looking for a ships wheel to be used on a pirate ship in a preschool playground. (2 would be even better). If someone wants to upgrade the wheel they 're using, I have one to trade. As I started to clean it up, I felt it was too good for a playground - waste for such fine quality. Can anyone help? Thanks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org