This section is available as a VIRTUAL NOTICE-BOARD and CLASSIFIED ADS section, for any resident or ratepayer on Thetis Island, or for notices relevant to Thetis Islanders.
Ads will remain up until we are told that the item has been sold. Notices will remain up for a month or two. After that it is recommended that you consider using the Thetis Island Quarterly for longer term ads and notices.|
Iím looking to rent a cabin or small home on Thetis Island starting in September.
My partner (Amanda) and I are professionals in our 50ís and are both gainfully employed. We have references are available and would be willing to contemplate either furnished, unfurnished or partially furnished.
Please contact me at 403-703-3736 or email@example.com
Hello Thetis Islanders!
Myself (45) and my two children (10/12) are looking for a serious lifestyle change. We currently live in Parksville, and after experiencing a wonderful mini vacation over there, and hearing from our friends that live there full time how much they enjoy it, would like to spend the next school year and perhaps beyond, living on this gorgeous island.
I am a painter by trade, and can also do minor repairs, basic carpentry, and other work such as yard maintenance, etc.. I am not afraid to try my hand at anything to bring in an income or possibly trade for accommodation, such as house sitting or a place to park an RV for the next school year.
We are quiet and responsible and would treat your property with the utmost respect. I can provide personal references attesting to this and look forward to hearing about any proposals to help make this dream become a reality. I do own a 3 bed/1.5 townhome in downtown Parksville if anyone wants to do a home swap.
Thank you in advance,
Hello, I got a job for ferries and looking for a place for my RV trailer or rent cabin.
If you have anything, please contact Alex at 778-678-7806 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Looking for cottage/house to rent|
We are a recently retired couple in our fifties. We just sold our family home in Winnipeg since our 3 kids moved out and are free to tackle our bucket list. The first item is to attend Bible school together at Capernwray. To make it possible we are looking for a rental home from August 01, 2017 to June 01, 2018. We have been homeowners for the past 35 years therefore we know how to care for a property. We are dependable, non smoking, no pets, very clean and quiet people. Please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone Sylvain 204-333-2397 or Martine 204-228-5900
|Looking for Rental|
Hi there, I am a student at VIU and am looking for a cabin/cottage to rent for the summer months between May 1st - August 31st, 2017 (dates dont need to be exact). I am a friend and roommate of one of the Thetis Island locals and they are also willing to provide a reference for me. If you or anyone you know are looking for tenants, then please send me a message, thank you very much. - Ketan (403.630.7419)
CONSTRUCTION & TOOLS
- For Sale:
Lincoln 225 Amp AC Welder, 20% duty cycle - $100.00
16" wide x 18" high x 12" deep, about 150 lbs.
Arthur Gooding, 250-416-0200 Thetis Island
- For Sale:
Window, approx. 45" x 28" - $20
Top pane opens.
Basic work table in used condition - $10
Linoleum - $20
- One roll of vintage 'Swedish Linoleum' flooring from the 1970s' approx. 6í x 16í. Off-white. We still have this floor in our kitchen.
(604) 727-0380 talk or text
- FOR SALE: Nilus Leclerc Weavers Loom, Model Fanny I or II. Stands approx. 54" tall, 47" wide and 40" deep. Offers. Will deliver. Proceeds to go to the Thetis Island Community Fund. Please call Pauline at 250-416-0286
- TVs - 17 and 21 inch, working/with remotes. Offers. Call 250-246-3220
- Household items...FREE... 195 Pilkey Pt Rd
Please call ahead 250-715-7132 or
Double bed and frame
Single roll-away cot
Sm Rocker chair
4 kitchen chairs
Living room chair with wooden arms
Sm book shelf
Old sofa bed
Asst bits and bobs
Six pieces of creosote-treated lumber: four 11x11s and two 6x8s, each about four or five feet long
(604) 727-0380 (talk or text)
- Free Futon in good shape
Call Bill or Jane at 250-246-3752
- Free: Recliner chair - old and recovered. Recliner part needs some work but quite fixable.
Phone 250 246 2178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Fir Lumber, all sizes. 246-3098
- Two pieces Tempered Glass, 76 3/8" x 30 1/4".
Phone Don 250-246-3030
- Free for the taking:
A 16 ft Land Commander travel trailer available. It has been nicely cleaned and ready to go. At present, it is not roadworthy but rather would work well as on site accommodation while someone was building or as an extra space as we have done for the last 3 years.
- Free to good home on island if you promise to use:
A collection of cricket gear. Cucumber sandwiches not included.
- For Sale- Wicker headboard and footboard for a single bed. Mattress and box spring included.
All in good condition and perfect for the cottage!
Asking $100.00 Call 250-246-9193
- For Sale:
Waterford Enameled Cast Iron Stove, CSA approved
30" wide x 30" high x 18 deep, 22" deep with ash shelf.
Reason for sale - Changing regulations only allow 1 stove per flue.
Arthur Gooding, 250-416-0200 Thetis Island
- New, never used, Fridge, Wall Oven and Cooktop- All three, $3,950
1. Frigidaire Professional Drop In Cooktop, 30" W Electric, Depth 24.5", Stainless, 4 burner, FPEC3085KS (Model).
Contact Jamie Hayward at 250-210-2701
2. Frigidaire Professional, 30" W Single Wall Oven, depth 24.5", Height 29", Stainless, FPEW3085KF (Model).
3. Frigidaire Professional Frig, Stainless, All fridge, no freezer, 30" W x 24" D
- For Sale : 10 Wood California Shutters :
5 are 23" x 40" and 5 are 22 1/2" x 46"
Asking $ 50.00
- For Sale - one Wood Leaded glass door measures - 32" x 79"
- For Sale: Small bar fridge in very good condition.
- Jotul Wood Stove - Jotul F118 Black Bear Wood stove for sale. It is 3 years old and used for about 2.5 years. It comes with a lifetime gaurantee. It is CSA and EPA approved. This stove is very energy efficient and heated our 1650 square foot new house. This stove would be good for a home or cabin.
$900.00 or best offer.
Contact Ken and Genny Redman at 250-246-2465 or on our cell at 250-210-3087
LOST and FOUND
Near Thetis ferry terminal May 22.
Pair of Salomon womenís hikers, grey/black.
If found please email email@example.com.
- GREAT WINTER READING FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO MESS ABOUT WITH BOATS....21 copies of WOODEN BOAT magazine....miscellaneous back-issues, years 1997 - 2007, in excellent condition. $25.00 takes all. 250-246-3350
REAL ESTATE & RENTAL, FOR SALE AND WANTED
- Hello, I will be taking a job for the ferries and looking for a place to rent. If you have anything please contact Christopher Rye at 604-785-1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- I'd like to find a house and or land for rent or rent-to-own on Thetis island. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks.
Michael at email@example.com
- For rent: Seaside home (1,050 square feet) on Thetis, quiet 3-acre location, beautiful views. Two bedrooms, woodstove, electric baseboard heat, all appliances. Non-smoker(s). 250-246-3530.
- For Sale-
Assorted clubs, bag, tees and balls $15 for all
(talk or text)
13 Foster Pt Rd
VEHICLES, BOATS & ACCESSORIES
- Two outboard motors for sale on Thetis. $1,000 each
15 HP Honda 4 stroke, short shaft, electric start, tiller handle. Runs excellent.
20 HP Evenrude 2 Stroke, long shaft, remote not tiller, electric start. Runs great.
Email Pierre @ firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 250-246-5357
- 16 ft California redwood strip canoe. Fresh back from the chandler, ready for water. $2500
15 hp Honda o/b motor, 4 stroke, long leg, electric start. $1750
- We have our 2002 Ford F-350 7.3 diesel 4x4 crew cab for sale along with our older 10ft Vanguard Camper. Both are in terrific shape. Only selling as we've bought a smaller truck.
Asking $8000 for the truck and $2000 for the camper. Make us an offer for both.
Alisha and Chris Rennie
250-710-0255 or 250-701-2927
- Two Tires, One Wheel - For Sale
Barely used low profile tires and wheel for sale. Stored inside building.
195/50R15 82V Toyo Proxes R24 Steel Belted Radial
Treadware:180 Temperature:A Traction:A
Max Load 475 kg / 1047 llbs
$100 takes all.
250-246-4079 or email@example.com
- 4 snow tires with rims, 195/60r15
call 250 732 9025
- An elderly Evinrude 7.5 hp. outboard motor needs a new home. Recently tuned up. $350.
Call Celine at 246-4349
- For Sale: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
It has 155,000 km, is in good shape, good tires and we'd like $900...OBO.
We can be contacted at 250-324-3285 or 250-701-1317.
Laural and Roy (Holloway)
- FOR SALE: 2008 MAXUM BOW RIDER, FAMILY FUN BOAT.
135 HP MERCRUISER, LESS THAN 100 HOURS RUNNING TIME.
NEW TOP AND BACK CURTAIN.
COMES WITH TRAILER.
- 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
177,000 kms, one owner, predominantly highway driving
New engine block, done under warranty at 143,000 kms.
New brakes on all 4 wheels (Sep 2013)
4 WD Automatic, EXcellent in the snow
Good, clean, well maintained condition
Keith Rush: 250-416-0013; firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR SALE: KAYAK
14 foot Necky Looksha Sport
Sleek lines, roomy cockpit,watertight hatch. Yellow polymer.
Excellent tracking and glide with adjustable rudder. includes adjustable paddle, spray skirt and paddle float.
Located on Thetis
Call Alex 250-588-9458
- Project boat - 20.5 ft Rienell CB Cruiser.
Stringers, transom & fuel tank have been replaced.
Mercruiser 302 V8 & 888 sterndrive ok.
- Trailer hitch: Bolts to frame of Pontiac Vibe.
- 1988 Ford F150 XLT Lariat L6 4.9L
$1250 or best offer
Contact: David (604) 314-3012
Thetis address: 277 N Cove Rd
Current truck location: Vancouver BC
Present owner since 2002, records/receipts since then available
2009: heater core, transmission, shocks, window washer, block heater, 2 tires
2007: fuel pump
2003: 2 tires
2002: air care (exhaust parts, catalytic converter), starter, brake parts
(now) 241759, (2009) 229774, (2006) 226787 (2002) 222502
(average: 1751K/year since 2002)
5K per liter on highway
significant oil leak from a place that would take work to get at,
driver's side electric window not working.
Has power, handles well.
TRADE OR SWAP
- I am looking for a ships wheel to be used on a pirate ship in a preschool playground. (2 would be even better). If someone wants to upgrade the wheel they 're using, I have one to trade. As I started to clean it up, I felt it was too good for a playground - waste for such fine quality. Can anyone help? Thanks. Contact email@example.com